About this Module
In the following short video we explain what is the purpose of this Module and what you can expect to learn in it:
The purpose of this module is to introduce student support staff to the concept of inclusive student engagement, and how they can achieve this.
Intended Learning Outcomes of module 3:
- Analyse which barriers can be applied to the students of your organisation
- Apply the concept of thematic and short term engagement to your own institution: what advantages would this approach bring?
- Learn to re-design student engagement with less barriers for non-traditional students
- Build and communicate a culture which empowers different kinds of students and values diversity
- Support and respect the diversity and differences in students.
- Analyse and revise existing structures and policies within the institution reflecting the mentioned concepts
- Understanding the history and meaning of intersectionality
- Integrate different concepts of diversity to identify new barriers related to intersectionality